Train your teammates
Add users from different domains
How to install Gmelius
How To Install Gmelius across a Google Workspace domain
Is Gmelius available on mobile?
Switching to Gmelius
How to create a shared inbox
How to create a shared inbox for a primary email address
How to create a shared inbox for an alias
How to create a shared inbox for a Google Group
Understanding shared inboxes
How to manage emails in your shared inbox
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox created from a Google Group
Manage users of a workspace
How to send emails and reply from a shared email address
How to stop sharing an email conversation?
How to rename a shared inbox
How to create an email alias
How to consolidate multiple email addresses into one shared inbox
Prevent forwarded emails from being shared
How to manage your shared inbox with the Board View
How to create a board
How to add and use task cards
How to add an email to a board
Manage your boards
How to create a board of your inbox
How to add attachments in boards
How to use automations with Boards
How to delete a board
Shared Gmail Labels
How to share Gmail labels
How to edit your shared labels
How to manage and apply shared Gmail labels
How to filter emails in shared label by assignments or status
Prioritise a shared label
Notes and @mentions
How to create and use tags
Understanding the difference between a shared inbox and a shared Gmail label
How to use workspaces?
How to create and use custom views
How to share a draft in Gmail?
How to avoid double replies
How to use shared conversation permalinks?
Emails are not arriving in the shared inbox
How to be notified of assigned emails?
How to view the full history of a shared email conversation?
How to use the multiple inbox view
How to use Gmelius advanced search
Pin the "Mine (all)" in your inbox
Rules and SLAs
Understanding Gmelius Rules
How to create a rule
How to see emails both in a workspace and in your regular inbox
How to set-up an autoresponder
How to create alerts for shared inboxes (SLA)
How to automatically assign emails (including round robin and load balancer)
How to add and use business hours
How to create and share email templates
How to create and use email snippets
How to use a template in Gmail
How to insert images in a template
How to add attachments to a template
How to add smart variables to a template
How to manage your email templates
How to create a meeting
How to schedule meetings from your inbox
How to share and edit meetings
How to connect your Zoom account to Gmelius Meetings
How to create a sequence
How to add contacts to a sequence
How to remove a contact from a sequence
How to share a sequence
How to edit an active sequence
How to pause a sequence during the weekend
How to unthread emails in a sequence
How to create and edit campaigns
How many emails can I send each day with campaigns?
Understanding the difference between a single-stage and a multi-stage campaign?
How to add an unsubscribe link
Why my campaign is not sent to all contacts?
How to stop a multi-stage campaign?
How to export my Google contacts to a CSV file
Understanding the analytics of your campaign
How to set up a campaign with SMTP
How to track an email
How to know if my emails have been read
How to enable per-recipient tracking
I get an open notification when checking my sent emails
Email tracking is not working
Possible reasons behind a large number of opens on my tracked emails
CRM Integration (Bcc rules)
Account & Billing
How to add and manage users
Gmelius roles and permissions
How to transfer a Gmelius subscription to another account
How to cancel your subscription
How to uninstall Gmelius
How to permanently delete your Gmelius account
Custom roles and permissions
Difference between my legacy plan and the current ones
How to update my billing details
Accepted forms of payment
Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
How to upgrade to a paid plan
FAQ & Quick Fixes
Gmelius is not loading
How to clear my local storage
Activation window keeps popping up
My signature is not updated on my templates
How to fix the Err_Connection_Reset error
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox
Workspaces created before April 2021
How to know if my issue is related to a conflict or not?
Gmail is slow
User showing as inactive
Legal & Policies
Why is authentication required?
Is Gmelius HIPAA compliant?
Gmelius SLAs and System Requirements
Feature Deprecation Process & Policies
Google Advanced Protection
Is Gmelius GDPR compliant?
What happens at the end of my trial?
How to contact support?
Do you have a public roadmap?
Is Gmelius available in another language?
Is Gmelius available for Microsoft Outlook?
In this page
- The conversation panel explained - views of a shared inbox
- Status of conversations
Updated by Gmelius
- The conversation panel explained - views of a shared inbox
- Status of conversations
After a shared inbox is created, all the members part of it will find a new workspace in the left pane of Gmail.
When you click on a shared inbox's dropdown, as shown below for a shared inbox named "Info - Team Inbox", its dedicated conversation panel will expand.
The conversation panel explained - views of a shared inbox
Your shared inbox conversation panel has different views to help you locate emails based on different conditions. Using views you can see emails based on the status (open, closed, pending), assignment (assigned to you or to other team members) as well as a board view.
Unassigned: Here you can find all the emails that are open and not assigned to any user.
Mine: Here you can find all the open or pending emails that are assigned to you.
Assigned: Here you can find all the open or pending emails which are assigned.
Pending: Here you can find all the emails with status as pending.
Closed: Here you can find all the closed emails.
Board View: Here you can see your shared inbox depicted in a visual Kanban board. You can work directly from your board view. Click here to loard more about it.
When a new conversation reaches the Shared Mailbox, it appears in the Unassigned folder for all the users.
How to assign a conversation to a user
- Click on the dropdown 'Assign to' in the conversation widget on the right pane of your Gmail to find a list of all the users in the shared mailbox to whom the conversation can be assigned
- Select any user to assign the conversation.
When you assign a conversation to a user then:
- the conversation disappears from the 'Unassigned' view and appears in the Assigned folder of the shared inbox.
- the assignee will get a notification in the right sidebar
How to assign conversations from the email list
- Click on the "Share and Assign" Button that appears on the right side of a conversation once you hover over it.
- From the drop-down list of users, double-click on the grey box of the user you want to assign the conversation to. Once the conversation has been assigned, the box will be reverted to blue.
How to assign conversations in bulk
You can select multiple conversations at once and assign them in just two clicks to a user.
- Select conversations.
- Click on the "Share and Assign" button.
- Select the assignee from the users list and click on box tick. The assignee's box should turn "blue" to indicate the assignment.
Locating your assignments
- View the conversations assigned to you in a shared inbox by clicking on the Mine folder.
- View all conversations assigned to you from multiple shared inboxes, shared labels or via email delegation, click on "Mine (all)"
Status of conversations
An email received in a shared inbox can have any one of the three status:
- Open is the initial status of an incoming conversation - even if it is assigned to a teammate.
- Pending status lets you put on hold your conversations, e.g. if you are waiting to hear back from your contact or just need time to gather information before replying. When you set a conversation to pending the email remains in the "Unassigned, Mine or Assigned", but will be also placed in the ticketing folder "Pending"
- Closed status means you are done with the conversation and you archive it. The conversation moves from its current folder to the ticketing folder "Closed" where you can see all the conversations that your team dealt with. If you get a reply from your recipient, the conversation will leave the "Closed folder and will be "Open" again in the respective folder.
How to change the status of a conversation
Click on the dropdown on the conversation widget on the right pane of Gmail to choose any option (Open, Closed or Pending).
How to change the status of conversations in bulk
You can change the status of conversations in bulk by simply selecting conversations and click on the "Pending" or "Closed" button.
Send & Close
You can close a conversation with just one click by hitting the button "Send & Close" when you reply to an email.