Understanding Gmelius RulesLast Updated: March 27, 2020
Gmelius Rules allow you to automate your workflow. Save you time by automating repetitive processes and increase your team's efficiency.
⚡︎ We offering early access to a powerful feature to gather feedback and insights from our community. Share yours with ✉️ firstname.lastname@example.org
Plans: Growth and above.
Rules are made up of three sections:
- FOR EACH: the trigger event that qualifies a rule to start scanning for the filter conditions
- IF: filter conditions that need to exist in order for the rule to run the actions
- THEN: resulting action that occurs from the rule once conditions are met
We'll go through each specific condition within each of the three categories.
⚡︎Rules are specific to a shared mailbox/label and work on all the emails that arrive in that shared mailbox/label.
The For Each section contains triggering events that will cause Gmelius to start evaluating the conditions of your rule and see if they are met.
List of triggers:
- New conversation: A brand new conversation.
- Customer reply: A customer reply in an existing thread.
- Teammate reply: A teammate's reply is sent in an existing thread.
- New note: An internal note is posted in a conversation.
- Conversation assigned to: A conversation is assigned to a teammate.
- Status change to: A conversation changes status to re-open, pending or closed.
The If section contains the filters you've set that must exist in order for the actions to run.
List of filters:
- Sender email address: Text requirements in the From field, which has the following sub-filters: Is, Contains, Starts with, Ends with.
- Cc email address: Text requirements in the Cc field, which has the following sub-filters: Is, Contains, Starts with, Ends with
- Email subject: Text requirements in the conversation subject line, which has the following sub-filters: Is, Contains, Starts with, Ends with. The text that you enter here does not need to be in quotes.
- Email body: Text requirements in the conversation body, which has the following sub-filters: Is, Contains, Starts with, Ends with. The text that you enter here does not need to be in quotes.
Using AND type
You are able to create conditions using And types. Using And will require all the listed conditions to be true in order for the rule to take action.
The Then section contains the list of actions that will result when all filters are met.
List of actions:
- Assign to: Assign conversation to a specific teammate.
- Change status to: Change the status of a conversation, to re-open, pending, closed.
- Add tag: Add a specific tag.
- Remove tag: Remove a specific tag.
- Send email: Reply with a specific canned response. You can use your Gmelius templates.
- Move to board: Move the conversation to a specific Gmelius board.
- Add label: Apply a Gmail label or a Gmelius shared Gmail label.
- Remove label: Remove a Gmail label or a Gmelius shared Gmail label.
- Snooze: Snooze a conversation.
- Add a note: An internal note is posted in the conversation.
- Archive email: Archive the email conversation.