Add users from different domains
How to install Gmelius
How To Install Gmelius across a Google Workspace domain
Is Gmelius available on mobile?
Switching to Gmelius
How to create a board
How to add and use task cards
How to add an email to a board
Manage your boards
How to delete a board
How to create a shared inbox
How to convert a Google Group into a shared inbox
Manage emails in your shared inbox
Manage users of a shared inbox
How to send emails and reply from a shared email address
How to stop sharing an email conversation
How to rename or delete your shared inbox
How to create and use tags
How to create an email alias
How to change the workflow of a shared inbox and view shared conversations in the inbox
How to consolidate multiple email addresses in one shared inbox
How to use keyboard Shortcuts
How to prevent email conversations from being shared
Understanding shared inboxes
How to use a shared conversation links
Users are not receiving emails in the shared inbox
Pin the "Mine (all)" in your inbox
How to create and use Gmail shared labels
How to edit your shared labels
Understanding the difference between a shared inbox and a shared label
Prioritise a shared label
Notes & Mentions
Workflow Rules & SLAs
Understanding Gmelius Rules
How to create a rule
How to set-up an autoresponder
How to create alerts for shared inboxes (SLA)
How to assign emails in a round robin
How to create a meeting
How to schedule meetings from your inbox
How to share and edit meetings
How to connect your Zoom account to Gmelius Meetings
How to create a sequence
How to add contacts to a sequence
How to remove a contact from a sequence
How to share a sequence
How to edit an active sequence
How to pause a sequence during the weekend
How to unthread emails in a sequence
How to create and edit campaigns
How many emails can I send each day with campaigns?
Understanding the difference between a single-stage and a multi-stage campaign?
How to add an unsubscribe link to a campaign
Why my campaign is not sent to all contacts?
How to stop a multi-stage campaign?
How to export my Google contacts to a CSV file
Understanding the analytics of your campaign
How to set up a campaign with SMTP
How to create and use email templates
How to create and use email snippets
Manage your email templates
How to add attachments to a template
How to track an email
How to know if my emails have been read
How to enable per-recipient tracking
I get an open notification when checking my sent emails
Email tracking is not working
Possible reasons behind a large number of opens on my tracked emails
CRM Integration (Bcc rules)
What happens at the end of my trial?
How to contact support
Do you have a public roadmap?
Is Gmelius available in another language?
Is Gmelius available for Microsoft Outlook?
Gmelius SLAs and System Requirements
Gmelius is not visible in Gmail
How to clear my local storage
Activation window keeps popping up
My signature is not updated on my templates
How to fix the Err_Connection_Reset error
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox
How to know if my issue is related to a conflict or not?
Gmail is slow
User showing as inactive
Legal & Policies
How to add and manage users
Roles and permissions
How to transfer your Gmelius subscription
How to cancel your subscription
How to uninstall Gmelius
How to permanently delete your Gmelius account
Difference between my legacy plan and the current ones
Feature Deprecation Process & Policies
Understanding your invoice
How to update my billing details
Accepted forms of payment
Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
How to upgrade to a paid plan
Train your teammates
In this page
Updated by Gmelius
Email templates let you save time, and easily embed any text into any email you are composing. They are your saved responses to common questions. They allow you to respond faster to inbound messages, lessen the repetitive nature of replying to frequently asked questions, and for your team to have a unified voice in what you tell your customers.
Create a new email template
You can create new templates from your Gmelius dashboard or directly from an email compose window.
1. Create a template from the dashboard
You can create your Gmelius email templates from your dashboard: https://gmelius.io/automation/templates/create
Click on the button "NEW TEMPLATE" located in the top right corner.
2. Create a template from Gmail
- Click on the layer icon of your compose window
- Select "Create a new template" or if you have written an email you want to save as a template select "Save this email as a template".
3. Copy and pasting text in a template
If you copy and paste elements into your template, you may bring invisible HTML tags which could change the font-size or font. That might not be visible for you, but for the recipient, it will be.
To avoid this, make sure to clear the formatting of the text you paste by selecting it in the template and by clicking on the "Clear formatting" buttoon.
Use the full power of Gmelius templates
Here is a summary of available options when creating a template:
- Template name: Enter an easy-to-remember name for the template
- Hashtag: Use a hashtag in your compose window's subject line to automatically insert the template
- Subject: Set a subject line in this field (not required)
- Body: Add formatted text in this field. Note that you can add a number of variables, such as the name and email of your recipients, that will be automatically inserted.
Gmelius templates also offer the following optional advanced settings:
- Send from: Set which addresses to send the template from if you manage more than one email address from your mailbox.
- Label as: Automatically add specific labels to the email.
- Add Bcc/Cc recipients: Include other recipients automatically.
- Automatically send the email: Choose to automatically send the message when all actions associated with the template are completed. (Use with caution.)
- Include my signature (if any): This option will retrieve the signature from your Gmail/Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) configuration and insert it inside your template.
- Category settings: Organize your templates into different categories(folders on the left side panel) to match your workflow.
To edit a template, click on its name to select it, make the necessary changes, and click the SAVEbutton to confirm your edits.
How to insert an email template
When composing or replying to an email, the standard way to insert a template is to click on the layers icon and select the template you wish to use:
Alternatively, you can type the hashtag associated with a particular email template in the subject line:
Or insert the template into the body of your draft email with a quick backslash "\".