Train your teammates
Add users from different domains
How to install Gmelius
How To Install Gmelius across a Google Workspace domain
Is Gmelius available on mobile?
Switching to Gmelius
How to create a shared inbox
How to create a shared inbox for a primary email address
How to create a shared inbox for an alias
How to create a shared inbox for a Google Group
Understanding shared inboxes
How to manage emails in your shared inbox
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox created from a Google Group
Manage users of a workspace
How to send emails and reply from a shared email address
How to stop sharing an email conversation?
How to rename a shared inbox
How to create an email alias
How to consolidate multiple email addresses into one shared inbox
Prevent forwarded emails from being shared
How to manage your shared inbox with the Board View
How to create a board
How to add and use task cards
How to add an email to a board
Manage your boards
How to create a board of your inbox
How to add attachments in boards
How to use automations with Boards
How to delete a board
Shared Gmail Labels
How to share Gmail labels
How to edit your shared labels
How to manage and apply shared Gmail labels
How to filter emails in shared label by assignments or status
Prioritise a shared label
Notes and @mentions
How to create and use tags
Understanding the difference between a shared inbox and a shared Gmail label
How to use workspaces?
How to create and use custom views
How to share a draft in Gmail?
How to avoid double replies
How to use shared conversation permalinks?
Emails are not arriving in the shared inbox
How to be notified of assigned emails?
How to view the full history of a shared email conversation?
How to use the multiple inbox view
How to use Gmelius advanced search
Pin the "Mine (all)" in your inbox
Rules and SLAs
Understanding Gmelius Rules
How to create a rule
How to see emails both in a workspace and in your regular inbox
How to set-up an autoresponder
How to create alerts for shared inboxes (SLA)
How to automatically assign emails (including round robin and load balancer)
How to add and use business hours
How to create and share email templates
How to create and use email snippets
How to use a template in Gmail
How to insert images in a template
How to add attachments to a template
How to add smart variables to a template
How to manage your email templates
How to create a meeting
How to schedule meetings from your inbox
How to share and edit meetings
How to connect your Zoom account to Gmelius Meetings
How to create a sequence
How to add contacts to a sequence
How to remove a contact from a sequence
How to share a sequence
How to edit an active sequence
How to pause a sequence during the weekend
How to unthread emails in a sequence
How to create and edit campaigns
How many emails can I send each day with campaigns?
Understanding the difference between a single-stage and a multi-stage campaign?
How to add an unsubscribe link
Why my campaign is not sent to all contacts?
How to stop a multi-stage campaign?
How to export my Google contacts to a CSV file
Understanding the analytics of your campaign
How to set up a campaign with SMTP
How to track an email
How to know if my emails have been read
How to enable per-recipient tracking
I get an open notification when checking my sent emails
Email tracking is not working
Possible reasons behind a large number of opens on my tracked emails
CRM Integration (Bcc rules)
Account & Billing
How to add and manage users
Gmelius roles and permissions
How to transfer a Gmelius subscription to another account
How to cancel your subscription
How to uninstall Gmelius
How to permanently delete your Gmelius account
Custom roles and permissions
Difference between my legacy plan and the current ones
How to update my billing details
Accepted forms of payment
Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
How to upgrade to a paid plan
FAQ & Quick Fixes
Gmelius is not loading
How to clear my local storage
Activation window keeps popping up
My signature is not updated on my templates
How to fix the Err_Connection_Reset error
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox
Workspaces created before April 2021
How to know if my issue is related to a conflict or not?
Gmail is slow
User showing as inactive
Legal & Policies
Why is authentication required?
Is Gmelius HIPAA compliant?
Gmelius SLAs and System Requirements
Feature Deprecation Process & Policies
Google Advanced Protection
Is Gmelius GDPR compliant?
What happens at the end of my trial?
How to contact support?
Do you have a public roadmap?
Is Gmelius available in another language?
Is Gmelius available for Microsoft Outlook?
In this page
Updated by Gmelius
Email templates let you save time, and easily embed any text into any email you are composing. They are your saved responses to common questions. They allow you to respond faster to inbound messages, lessen the repetitive nature of replying to frequently asked questions, and for your team to have a unified voice in what you tell your customers.
Create a new email template
You can create new templates from your Gmelius dashboard or from your Gmail compose window.
1. Create a template from Gmail
- Click on the layer icon of your compose window.
- Select "Create a new template" or if you have written an email you want to save as a template select "Save this email as a template".
2. Create a template from your Gmelius dashboard.
- Head to https://gmelius.io/automation/templates
- Click on the button "NEW TEMPLATE" located in the top right corner.
How to use the template's editor
Here are the main features available when creating a template:
- Template name: Enter an easy-to-remember name for the template
- Shortcut: Use a hashtag in your compose window's subject line to automatically insert the template
- Category: Organize your templates into different categories(folders on the left side panel) to match your workflow.
- Subject: (not required) Set a subject line in this field. You can also personalize your template's subject using variables available under the <...> sign.
- Body: Add formatted text in this field. Note that you can add a number of variables, such as the name and email of your recipients, that will be automatically inserted.If you copy and paste elements into your template, you may bring invisible HTML tags which could change the font size or font. That might not be visible to you, but for the recipient, it will be.
To avoid this, clear the formatting of the text you paste by selecting it in the template and by clicking on the "Clear formatting" button.
- Attach files: Add up to 25MB of files per template.
Gmelius templates also offer the following optional advanced settings:
- Send from: Set which addresses to send the template from if you manage more than one email address inside your mailbox.
- Add To Recipients: Automatically add recipients when using a specific template.
- Add Bcc Recipients: Automatically include Bcc recipients when using a specific template.
- Add Cc Recipients: Automatically include Cc recipients when using a specific template.
- Label as: Automatically add specific labels to the email.
- Include my signature (if any): This option will retrieve the signature from your Gmail/Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) configuration and insert it inside your template.
- Automatically send the email: Choose to automatically send the message when all actions associated with the template are completed. (Use with caution.)
How to share an email template
You can share your email templates with your team. Expand the Sharing part inside the template's editor.
Select teammates with whom you want to share a template from the drop-down.
As the owner of a template, you can choose if you want to allow your teammates to edit the template. To do so, just tick "Others can edit".
Un-share a template
To remove someone’s access to a template just open the template, go to the Sharing Settings, unselect their name
Once you are done creating a template, make sure to press the
SAVE button at the top right of your screen.