Switching to Gmelius
Create a shared inbox
Convert a Google Group into a shared inbox
Manage emails in your shared inbox
Manage users of a shared inbox
Send emails and automatically reply from a shared email address
Remove emails from your shared inbox
Rename or delete your shared inbox
Create and use tags
How to: Setup a G Suite email alias
How to: Change the workflow of a shared inbox and view shared conversations in the inbox
How to: Prevent sharing conversations from a particular email address
Create and work with Gmail shared labels
Managing your shared labels
What is the difference between a shared inbox and a shared label?
Notes & Mentions
Create a new meeting
How To: Schedule meetings from your inbox
How To: Share and edit meetings
How To: Connect your Zoom account to Gmelius Meetings
Create a sequence
Enroll contacts in a sequence
Unenroll a contact from a sequence
Share a sequence
Edit an active sequence
Pause a sequence during the weekend
Unthread emails in a sequence
Workflow Rules & SLAs
Create and edit campaigns
How many emails can I send each day with campaigns?
What is the difference between a single-stage and a multi-stage campaign?
Add an unsubscribe link to a campaign
How to: Set up a campaign with SMTP
CRM Integration (Bcc rules)
How to track an email
How to know if my emails have been read
How to enable per-recipient tracking
Why do I get an open notification when checking my sent emails?
Email tracking is not working
What are the possible reasons behind a large number of opens on my tracked emails?
Test email tracking
What is the difference between snooze and follow-up?
How to customize snooze and follow-up behavior?
Snooze and Conversation View mode OFF
Shared conversation links
FAQs & Troubleshooting
What happens at the end of my trial?
How to contact support
How to use Gmelius shortcuts
Do you have an affiliate program?
Do you have a public roadmap?
Is Gmelius available in another language?
Is Gmelius available for Microsoft Outlook?
Gmelius is not visible in Gmail
How to clear my local storage
Activation window keeps popping up
My signature is not updated on my templates
How to fix the Err_Connection_Reset error
Troubleshooting a Shared Inbox
How to know if my issue is related to a conflict or not?
Legal & Policies
Add and manage users
Roles and permissions
Groups and sub-teams
Transfer your Gmelius subscription
How to cancel your subscription
How to uninstall Gmelius
Permanently delete your Gmelius account
What is the difference between my legacy plan and the current ones?
Feature Deprecation Process & Policies
Prevent forwarded emails from being shared
Understanding your invoice
How To: Update my billing details
How to: Get an invoice with my company details
Accepted forms of payment
Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
Table of Contents
Updated by Gmelius
Email templates let you save time, and easily embed any text into any email you are composing. They are your saved responses to common questions. They allow you to respond faster to inbound messages, lessen the repetitive nature of replying to frequently asked questions, and for your team to have a unified voice in what you tell your customers.
Create a new email template
You can create new templates from your Gmelius dashboard or directly from an email compose window.
1. Create a template from the dashboard
You can create your Gmelius email templates from your dashboard: https://gmelius.io/automation/templates/create
Click on the button "NEW TEMPLATE" located in the top right corner.
2. Create a template from Gmail
- Click on the layer icon of your compose window
- Select "Create a new template" or if you have written an email you want to save as a template select "Save this email as a template".
Use the full power of Gmelius templates
Here is a summary of available options when creating a template:
- Template name: Enter an easy-to-remember name for the template
- Hashtag: Use a hashtag in your compose window's subject line to automatically insert the template
- Subject: Set a subject line in this field (not required)
- Body: Add formatted text in this field. Note that you can add a number of variables, such as the name and email of your recipients, that will be automatically inserted.
Gmelius templates also offer the following optional advanced settings:
- Send from: Set which addresses to send the template from if you manage more than one email address from your mailbox.
- Label as: Automatically add specific labels to the email.
- Add Bcc/Cc recipients: Include other recipients automatically.
- Automatically send the email: Choose to automatically send the message when all actions associated with the template are completed. (Use with caution.)
- Include my signature (if any): This option will retrieve the signature from your Gmail/G Suite configuration and insert it inside your template.
- Category settings: Organize your templates into different categories(folders on the left side panel) to match your workflow.
To edit a template, click on its name to select it, make the necessary changes, and click the SAVEbutton to confirm your edits. Customers of our Plus and Growth plans have the possibility to share templates with their teammates.
How to insert an email template
When composing or replying to an email, the standard way to insert a template is to click on the layers icon and select the template you wish to use:
Alternatively, you can type the hashtag associated with a particular email template in the subject line:
Or insert the template into the body of your draft email with a quick backslash "\".