How to create a template?Last Updated: June 17, 2019
Turn your most effective and repetitive emails into templates you can personalize, optimize, and share with your team. You'll save hours on copy-pasting and editing emails by inserting templates in seconds. Email templates are activated by default under your Gmelius settings. You can create new templates from your Dashboard or from an email compose window.
1. Create a template from the dashboard
To create a new email template from your dashboard, go to the Automation section of your menu and select Template. Click on the button "NEW TEMPLATE" located in the top right corner.
Direct URL: https://gmelius.io/automation/templates/create
2. Create a template from Gmail
- Click on the layer icon of your compose window
- Select "Create a new template" or if you have written an email you want to save as a template select "Save this email as a template".
Use the full power of Gmelius templates
Here is a summary of available options when creating a template:
- Template name: Enter an easy-to-remember name for the template
- Hashtag: Use a hashtag in your compose window's subject line to automatically insert the template
- Subject: Set a subject line in this field (not required)
- Body: Add formatted text in this field. Note that you can add a number of variables, such as the name and email of your recipients, that will be automatically inserted.
Gmelius templates also offer the following optional advanced settings:
- Send from: Set which addresses to send the template from if you manage more than one email address from your mailbox.
- Label as: Automatically add specific labels to the email.
- Add Bcc/Cc recipients: Include other recipients automatically.
- Automatically send the email: Choose to automatically send the message when all actions associated with the template are completed. (Use with caution.)
- Include my signature (if any): This option will retrieve the signature from your Gmail/G Suite configuration and insert it inside your template.
- Category settings: Organize your templates into different categories(folders on the left side panel) to match your workflow.
To edit a template, click on its name to select it, make the necessary changes, and click the SAVE
button to confirm your edits. Customers of our Plus and Growth plans have the possibility to share templates with their teammates.