How to create a shared inbox in Gmail?Last Updated: November 07, 2019
Gmelius offers an innovative and clever way to manage email for groups; support@, sales@ or any other group alias right from Gmail. By using Gmelius, you can easily share and delegate conversations to members of your team, and keep track of your company's communications without leaving your Gmail inbox.
Before setting up a shared inbox, you should already have an email address you wish to configure as a shared inbox. This email address should be one of the two following types:
- G Suite or Gmail primary account, that is an email address used to login into Gmail
- Google Group or an Alias (an email alias is an email address that forwards emails to your G Suite/Gmail account)
Set Up a Shared Inbox
Please head to your Gmelius dashboard. Direct link: https://gmelius.io/shared-inbox/create
- Click on the blue button "New Shared Inbox" at the top/right of the page;
- Select the email address you wish to share. Ensure the email address is part of your Gmail account either as an alias, a primary account or a Google Group (click here for specific instructions on how to convert a Google group into a shared inbox);
- Choose the teammates you want to share the inbox with and click on "Share with".
- Choose if you want to automatically add future team members to your shared inbox. You can change this option afterward.
- If you decide to use your shared inbox as a helpdesk, you will be using the ticketing system with clear assignments and status changes.
If you tick "No", emails sent to the shared inbox will appear in the users' respective inbox.
- Click on "Done"