How to associate a shared label to an email?Last Updated: July 12, 2019
Associating Shared Labels to an Email
Now that you've set up your Shared Label, here is how you can apply it to emails.
There are three ways to add a Shared Label:
Manually adding the label to the emails.
Automating label addition by using Gmail Filters.
Automating label addition by using a Gmelius Sequence.
Let's see how:
1. Manually adding the label to the emails.
- You can drag and drop conversations to the shared label.
- Label as: / Move to: Labels can be manually added to the emails by using the Gmail native Label as or Move to buttons.
By using either option, the selected label will be applied to the email and it will show up under that Shared Label folder.
2. Automating label addition by using Gmail Filters
You can set up a filter on Gmail to apply labels to emails that fulfill desired conditions.
Gmail Filters can be created in Gmail Settings. To do so, select Gmail Settings "Gear Icon" and choose Settings from the drop-down.
You can also create Gmail Filters from the Search bar by using the downward arrow.
- Head to the Filters tab and click on 'Create a new filter';
- Define the conditions you want to be met;
- Choose 'Create a Filter'
- Select the checkbox that reads 'Apply the label'
- Choose the Shared Label from the drop-down list beside it.
- Hit 'Create Filter'.
You can also select to apply a filter to matching conversations as you are creating it.
3. Automating label addition by using a Gmelius Sequence
Thanks to Gmelius' Sequences you can automate the application of a shared label. Add a step, and from the ' Select an action' dropdown list, choose 'Add a label'.